Hot Chocolate Focus Mix
What’s better than hot chocolate during the holiday season? Nothing? We agree! So that’s why we combined our two favorite things - chocolate & adaptogens to make a super-functional hot chocolate mix that’s perfect for cold winter afternoons when you have a big list (and are checking it twice!) but just want to curl under a blanket on the couch and watch Christmas movies. This healthier hot chocolate mix from scratch will support mental clarity & focus during this busy holiday season! A win-win in our book.
Adapted from asweetpeachef.com
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup coconut sugar
4 scoops Focus blend
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla powder (can substitute with pure vanilla extract if not needing to keep mixture dry)
1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups unsweetened almond milk (can use any preferred milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (cocoa powder, coconut sugar, Focus blend, sea salt, vanilla powder, & cinnamon) and stir to combine.
- Heat a sauce pan over medium-high heat and add the dry cocoa mixture
- While stirring or whisking constantly, slowly add the milk until all the milk has been added and the dry powders are fully dissolved
- Bring the mixture to just below a simmer, taking care to stir frequently and to not allow the mixture to boil
- Serve hot, with whipped cream or marshmallows!
Tip: Make 1 serving by using 2 T of dry mixture & 1 cup of milk